Thought Archive

Friday, November 02, 2007

My understanding of Wahdat-al-wujud

My understanding of Wahdat-al-wujud on this Friday sermon.

An everlasting moment…
Is He a Light of the Lamp, and
Do I breath through His breath
Have I died of His Hand
An eterninty - concept so ill-defined
Have I lived through it before …
Multiple levels of being, and more
Multiple levels of time, space and senses-
First comes the Angel’s abode
Then the jinn, their two-dimensional tenses
Then the Man – a servant, but also a King
Only Man can heed the words that speak into souls
For manifestation of Beauty is His Liking
Beyond the existence of Time
When the Intellect faces Creator – we see the night
He looks into us – we’re consumed by His Light

1 comment:

Vanny said...

Hmm, not sure about that mate. Sounds a bit dodgehh! ;-)